Friday, 16 November 2012

Friday Favourite: Medieval




On my last Instagramming post here, you might have noticed a cheeky little Space.NK bag. I popped in a few days ago to grab a copy of their Christmas catalogue because mine never arrived through the post, and left with a couple of bits. My favourite has to be this lipstick from Lipstick Queen by Poppy King, in Medieval. There's a range of lipsticks but this one stood alone and caught my attention because of the colour of the packaging...I'm a sucker for how things look and this deep oxblood colour struck me instantly. The lipstick itself is just as amazing. Medieval is a shade described as a red that can be worn by anyone and while I can't vouch for everyone else, I have to say I absolutely love it. It's not a bright post box red, more a red with pink undertones, but it still creates a bold lip and I found it very easy to wear. For a sheer lipstick, the colour pay off is great, and while it's not very long lasting, I found if I put on one coat, then powdered my lips before applying a second coat it stayed longer. It doesn't dry out the lips and has a subtle shine. I've been wearing this with a subtle smoky eye for evenings out and loving it!


2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Just wanted to let you know I found your blog, how cute is it? Anyway, loved the post and I'll be back for more! I'd love for you to check out my blog, as well.

    Mainlymeghan.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Elle!

    Really enjoyed this post - to my shame I have never been in a Space NK but you have inspired me to finally do so!

    So pleased to see you've been posting recently : )!

    MB x

    ReplyDelete